How to make Sweet Mango Lassi | Refreshing Indian Summer Drink Recipe | Aam Ki Meethi Lassi | Restaurant Style Mango Lassi Recipe with step by step photos.
Today's blog post is one more summer special and Mango special recipe. This is a perfect summertime refresher. Engulf your taste buds into a refreshing & the rich taste of Lassi which is very delicious, creamy and packed with goodness of real mangoes. It is best when served chilled. Sharing recipe with step by step photos.
Mango Lassi is a refreshing, creamy, delicious and super cool Indian summer drink. It is prepared with thick and creamy curd, sweetened mango pulp and flavoured with saffron and cardamom powder.
My today's recipe is slightly different from others.. I love to follow this method as that not only enhance the taste, but also give beautiful color to this beverage. For that you need to follow this way..
1. Soak the mango pieces in slightly warm sugar syrup
2. Leave the syrup to come to room temperature
3. Keep the mango pieces + sugar syrup in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Combine and blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy
Let's get started
- Cuisine - Indian
- Preparation time - 20-25 minutes
- Cooking time - 3-5 minutes
- Servings - 2
✅ Ingredients required
- 2 Alphonso mangoes - roughly chopped
- 60 - 80 grams sugar or as preferred
- 6-7 tbsp - one cup thick curd preferably chilled
- Few strands of saffron (optional)
- 50 ml milk
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder
- Few ice cubes
- Few pistachio's for garnish - finely chopped
✅Step 1 Mise en place
✅Step 2 Soak the mango pieces in sugar syrup.
◾Combine sugar and ½ cup of water and bring it to boil and cook it on slow flame for 3-5 minutes until the sugar gets completely dissolved. Add saffron. Switch off the gas stove. Allow it to cool down slightly. Add the mango pieces. Mix it well. Leave it to cool down completely, then keep it in the freezer compartment for 10-15 minutes.
✅Step 3 Blend
◾Combine all the ingredients i.e soaked mangoes pieces in sugar syrup, curd, ice cubes, milk and a pinch of cardamom powder in a blender jar and blend until smooth and creamy. I'm using Kitchenaid 5 speed diamond blender which is best for smoothies and milk shakes. The speed of this machine is simply outstanding and work gets done within few seconds. If you don't have a high speed blender, in such case, first puree the mangoes and then add remaining ingredients and grind until smooth and creamy.