How to make Phool Makhana Bathua Palak Saag | Winter Special Saag Recipe - Roasted fox nuts in spicy Spinach & Bathua Puree | Palak Makhana Sabzi |Spinach lotus seeds curry |
Phool Makhana Palak Bathua Saag is a winter special green leafy vegetable prepared with roasted fox nuts, spinach leaves and Bathua leaves.. Sharing recipe with step by step photos.
Today's recipe is a month old recipe and it was getting postponed for some reason or other. It was actually prepared with the intent to enjoy the winter special green leafy vegetables. I still remember, on that day, I actually wanted to go ahead with sarson ka saag recipe, but sarson was not available to me, so I decided to proceed... without it This combination was very much loved and turned out super delicious and healthy dish. The addition of Phool makhana was like cherry on the top..
Let's get started
☑ Ingredients required
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 1 bunch bathua leaves
- 15-20 garlic cloves
- 2 medium size onions
- 3-4 green chillies or as per taste
- 1 cup / 4-5 tbsp roasted Makhana
- 1-2 tbsp butter or ghee
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
✔Step 1 Mise en place
- Palak - washed - roughly chopped - blanched
- Bathua - washed - roughly chopped - blanched
- Garlic - peeled
- Green chilli - roughly chopped
- Makhana - roasted in butter - take butter in a fry pan, add makhana and roast it on slow to medium flame for about 4-5 minutes until crispy. Keep it aside until called for.
✔Step 2 Cooking time
- Heat ghee or butter in a nonstick pan. Add garlic cloves and stir fry on slow - medium fire for 3-5 until light brown.. Remove it in a bowl and keep it aside until called for.
- Heat oil or ghee in a fry pan, add onions and green chillies; stir fry for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add blanched spinach and bathua leaves. Cook it for about a min or two. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix it well and cook it for 2-3 minutes and then switch off the gas stove and leave it to cool down.
- Take a mixer grinder jar, add stir fried garlic and above stir fried onion, green leafy vegetables and lemon juice, pulse for a few seconds until smooth.
- Now in a fry pan melt the butter, add palak bathua paste, saute it over medium to high flame for a minute or two.. Add ½ cup water. Add the roasted Makhana. Stir fry and simmer for 2-5 minutes...
- Serve hot with your favorite Indian bread.