Kachi Keri Chutney
How to make Kacchi Keri Ki Chutney, Raw Mango Chutney, Kacche Aam Ki Hari Chutney .
My today's blog post is the first recipe of raw mango for this season. Kacchi Keri chutney aka raw mango dip is one the best accompaniment and can be enjoyed with all kinds of Indian snacks, vegetable sandwiches or as a spread on the bread slices.
I'm a huge fan of chutney. My definition of chutney is something which is light, refreshing, perfect combination of green chillies and the base ingredient.
Simplicity is the best policy and this quote goes well with my chutney preparation. This guru mantra I have learned from my mom. She never uses many ingredients or any exotic or special ingredients in her cooking, but all her prepared food is very much appreciated, remembered and demanded again and again. I'm still learning......
Today's chutney recipe is super quick, easy and prepared with minimum ingredients required to make very light and lip smacking chutney. I believe the addition of onion is must in this chutney as gives good volume and improves texture and taste of the chutney. You can add a small piece of coconut, roasted peanuts and roasted Chana dal in this chutney if you want to make it more rich and creamy..
☑ Let's get started
- Preparation time 5-10 min
- Cooking time - nil
- Recipe type - accompaniment
- Recipe difficulty level ,- super easy
- Best place to store - refrigerator
- Best time to consume 2-3 days
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 onion - chopped
- ⅓ kachi Keri / raw mango (approximately 60-70 grams)
- 6-7 green chillies or as per taste
- Salt to taste
♨ Step 1Mise en place
- Coriander leaves - washed and roughly chopped
- Onion peeled and roughly chopped
- Raw mangoes - Washed, peeled and roughly chopped
- Green chillies - washed - pat dry - roughly chopped
♨ Step 2 Blend
- Take a mixer grinder jar, mix all the ingredients i.e coriander leaves, onion, raw mango, green chillies, and salt to taste.
- Add ¼ cup water and mix until smooth. Transfer it into a serving bowl.
- Serve right away or store it in an airtight container and refrigerate and use within 2-3 days.